Sketch pen & Sketch Pen Design Class
Get started sketching with your Silhouette machine. This class has 2 hours of video class time, however, it will take you about 3 hours or longer to complete.
Join me as you learn, have fun, and play with this neat sketching feature in the Silhouette software. This class has 2 hours of video class time, however, it will take you about 3 hours or longer to complete the entire course with the time to sketch out the projects.
In this class you will learn all about sketch pens & creating sketch designs. We will discuss different pen styles, adapters, sketch designs, fonts, filling designs, and trouble-shooting too.
We will be doing some testing, demos, and finished projects too!
At the end of the class, you will have a better understanding of what works and doesn't work for sketching with your Silhouette machine. This class can be completed with a Por-trait, Cameo, or Curio machine.
Class Supplies needed (full class supply sheet with photos in class information):
Cameo 4, Cameo Plus, Cameo Pro, and Portrait 3 owners
- a Silhouette blue sketch pen adapter (Silhouette America, The Vinyl Spectrum)
with Silhouette black bodied pens (Silhouette America)
- a Silhouette Type B pen holder (Silhouette America, The Vinyl Spectrum) and pens that fit
Pens I’ve tested: Sharpie Pen S-Gel, Sharpie Pen Style, Pilot G2 Gel Fine 0.7 mm, Gelly Roll Classic 06 Black, Gelly Roll white, Gelly Roll Moonlight 10 Ice Cream Smooth
Cameo 3, Cameo 2, Cameo 1, Curio, Portrait 1 or 2 owners
- Silhouette black bodied pens or white bodied pens (Silhouette America)
- A Silhouette Type A pen holder (Silhouette America, The Vinyl Spectrum) and pens that fit
*pens listed above with links
- Designer Edition upgrade (or higher) in the software to unlock Line Effects
retailers: The Vinyl Spectrum, Swing Design
- Design #65898 Mushroom Sketch by Tanya Batrak
- Design #271670 Hello Friend Brush Script by Gina Marshall (optional)
- Design #79759 Cancun Sketch font by Dresden Carrie (optional)
- 5+ sheets of white cardstock
- Silhouette cutting mat
- Silhouette blade
- 5” x 7” black frame (optional)
My name is EllyMae and I am the owner of Silhouette Secrets+.
I am a wife, mother, and lover of all things wine (as you'll notice in my projects & posts).I have been a Silhouette user for the past 9+ years, teaching Silhouette users since September 2016, and am one of the top Silhouette troubleshooters world-wide. As an instructor I teach all levels of Silhouette classes for Portrait, Cameo, and Curio users. My focus is on the personalized instruction of the software and educating users to explore all that can be done in the Silhouette Studio software. I have been teaching at Silhouette & Terri Johnson Creates events since June of 2017 including the Curio Intensive, ATS Conferences, Curio Virtual Retreats, Instructor Licensing Events, at Silhouette America HQ, and hands on workshops. I love being able to share Silhouette with others!
I look forward to sharing the love of Silhouette with all of you and welcome you on this journey!
Find me here:
Silhouette Secrets+ Facebook Page
Silhouette Secrets+ with EllyMae Facebook Group
Online Silhouette Classes on Teachable: https://silhouette-secrets.teachable.com/courses