Silhouette Studio Software Basics to Create SVG Files - Great for Laser machine owners!
Using basic tools to getting started with Silhouette Studio to create and export a svg file. This is a great class to get started with Silhouette & creating your own files for a laser machine.
Join me in this Silhouette Studio software class to use basic tools to create and export a svg file. In this class, we will discuss the important factors to know before creating svg files, how to install fonts, use basic tools to create a svg file, demonstrate using the exported file in the Glowforge App, and a bonus video on 3 additional tools in Silhouette Studio that can help in your design creations.
Who is this class for?
This class is for
- those who are laser machine owners and want to get started learning to use the Silhouette Studio software to design and export files in svg format to use with the laser machine
- if you are a beginner Silhouette user who wants to learn how to create svg files, this class is going to cover the basics of getting started with Silhouette and creating a simple svg file
- beginners to Silhouette Studio in general - the class covers several of the basic tools to get started creating your own designs using fonts. The class also discusses more advanced features of exporting as a svg file.
What if you do not own a laser machine can you still take the class? Of course! The information will be relevant to anyone who wants to get started creating in the Silhouette software with the option to export as a svg file using the Silhouette Studio Business Edition upgrade.
Affiliate links are present in the following supply list and as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases
The cost to you is no different, but I may earn a commission by you using the links provided.
- Silhouette Studio Software
- Silhouette Studio Business Edition Upgrade - this is discussed in class why it's needed and how to get it
- Optional fonts used in class:
- Radicals Font by Plusstore - main class demo
- Bohemian Script font - Silhouette Design Store or Creative Fabrica - Bonus class demo photo
- Section 1 - Important Factors Supporting PDF download
- Section 2 - Important Factors to Create a SVG File - 20 minutes
- Section 3 - Installing Fonts - 6 minutes
- Section 4 - Creating a SVG Design in Silhouette Studio - 39 minutes
- Section 5 - Demonstration of Exported Design in the Glowforge App - 16 minutes
- Section 6 - Bonus: Additional Tools in Silhouette Studio - 16 minutes
- Additional Resources
- Class Conclusion
My name is EllyMae and I am the owner of Silhouette Secrets+.
I am a wife, mother, and lover of all things wine (as you'll notice in my projects & posts).I have been a Silhouette user for the past 9+ years, teaching Silhouette users since September 2016, and am one of the top Silhouette troubleshooters world-wide. As an instructor I teach all levels of Silhouette classes for Portrait, Cameo, and Curio users. My focus is on the personalized instruction of the software and educating users to explore all that can be done in the Silhouette Studio software. I have been teaching at Silhouette & Terri Johnson Creates events since June of 2017 including the Curio Intensive, ATS Conferences, Curio Virtual Retreats, Instructor Licensing Events, at Silhouette America HQ, and hands on workshops. I love being able to share Silhouette with others!
I look forward to sharing the love of Silhouette with all of you and welcome you on this journey!
Find me here:
Silhouette Secrets+ Facebook Page
Silhouette Secrets+ with EllyMae Facebook Group
Online Silhouette Classes on Teachable: https://silhouette-secrets.teachable.com/courses
StartImportant Factors Supporting Information
StartImportant Factors Video Class - What you need to know before getting started (20:43)
StartInstalling Fonts Video Class (6:29)
StartDesigning in Silhouette Studio Video Class (39:07)
StartDemonstration of created svg file used in Glowforge App (16:48)
StartBonus: Additional Silhouette Studio Tools (16:15)